How a global bank enabled higher data quality, enhanced auditability and optimized its use of funds
A multinational consumer and investment bank and financial services company headquartered in the US, and one of the largest banks in the world.
Decision improves data accuracy, allowing us to optimize use of funds and lower our costs while ensuring regulatory compliance
– Global Treasury Leader
Treasury data, enriched using business rules, supports the bank’s core processes including cross book reconciliations and hedging. But multiple approaches to enhance data with business rules found across the tech stack and distributed platforms, led to challenges in data accuracy and transparency.
Development work was required for modifications, staff was required for reconciliations to prevent gaps in auditability increased regulatory exposure.
The Sapiens Decision solution was selected for its capabilities to create, manage and test decision logic effortlessly with no-code tools, and execute rules through its decision services platform.
The Decision solution enables decision logic in rules to be centrally managed for better control and consistency across all systems.
The bank was able to extract business logic from code and make it transparent and easy to change and manage with full traceability.
- Error rates reduced significantly for hedging and currency translations using higher quality data
- Counterparty risk and regulatory exposure minimized
- Expense for manual reconciliation activity reduced by 40%
- Reduced regulatory exposure with enhanced auditability and traceability
- Optimized use of funds by shrinking reserve “cushion” and reducing borrowing costs
- Accelerated time to market with over 70% of logic updates completed by business analysts without relying on IT resources